What will you do?
Automated pick and place solutions rely on software to manage and control robotic arms. Smart Robotics need an experienced software engineer to help us move to the next level, creating software that is efficient and robust, maintainable, and flexible.
As a Software Engineer, you will work on the development of our intelligent software in cooperation with your colleagues, within one of our core teams. Together, you will work on setting goals using the Scrum method. Daily stand-ups ensure that all colleagues are in sync and that the sprint planning will be fulfilled successfully. Python, ROS and C++, among others, will be used in your daily work.
Within this challenging role, you contribute to our intelligent Smart Robotics software to allow for the programming of robots and applications to become faster, easier and more fun. You will be focusing on cool themes such as motion planning, computer vision, action planning, deep learning and robot control, as well as system design for complex applications.
- Introducing best practice software design, policies, and practices;
- Improving overall system quality by identifying issues and common patterns;
- Enhancing current applications by identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Improving the existing codebases and development practices;
- Coaching colleagues in best practice design and coding techniques;
- A proactive approach to staying up to date with the latest developments in relevant technologies.
Who you are
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field;
- 5+ years experience with C++ software development;
- Familiarity with Linux;
- Experience with ROS and RUST is a plus;
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions;
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes;
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase;
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively;
- You are a team player and enjoy working together with your Scrum team to realize goals.